PARRISH — The Parrish Town Council voted unanimously to send Town Clerk Donna Beavers to training in Hoover at Tuesday night's meeting.The cost of the training is $65 and will be held from Feb. 6 …
PARRISH — The Parrish Town Council voted unanimously to send Town Clerk Donna Beavers to training in Hoover at Tuesday night's meeting.
The cost of the training is $65 and will be held from Feb. 6 until Feb. 8.
The training is one of three separate classes Beavers will need to attend this year.
In other actions from the meeting:
• Heard reports from the magistrate, fire and police departments.
• Heard Mayor Heather Hall say during the street department report that work will begin on several area roads within the coming weeks. She urged motorists to slow down and use caution when driving through the attended worksites.
• Heard Hall say that volunteers are needed to cut overhanging limbs at the Parrish Senior Center. Interested volunteers can contact town hall at 686-9991.
• Heard volunteers are also needed for clean-up days in February and March. The dates will be posted on the Town of Parrish Facebook page.
• Approved minutes of the Dec. 18 special called meeting that dealt with the continuation of the line of credit with the Bank of Parrish.
• Heard derelict property letters will be sent out within the next month.
• Heard that due to recent accidents at the four-way intersection on Highway 269 South outside of town hall, the town has requested the Alabama Department of Transportation to place rumble strips along the roadway to encourage motorists to be aware of the upcoming stop signs.