Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to email@example.com or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
• Matthew Ministry Outreach/Soup kitchen is held every Friday at 11 a.m. at LifeSprings Assembly of God on Highway 195.
• Mt. Carmel Baptist Church on Horse Creek Blvd. in Cordova holds a Soup Kitchen every Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Boldo United Methodist Church holds a clothes closet the second Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Blooming Grove Baptist Church will host their Judgement House, "Where There's Smoke, There's Fire", on Oct. 6 at 5 p.m., Oct. 9 at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 13 at 5 p.m., and Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m. Please make reservations ahead of time for your church or youth group by calling Kathy Bruce at 205-522-9427.
• The Breast Cancer Support Group of Walker County is requesting that all churches participate in "Worship in Pink" Sunday on Oct. 20. All congregation members are asked to wear pink in support of those who are fighting breast cancer or in honor of those who are survivors.
• Calvary Baptist Church in Fayette will host a revival at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 14, Oct. 21, and Oct. 28.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 29
• “The Revelations” singing group will be performing at New Canaan Baptist Church at 2300 N Walston Bridge Rd. in Jasper starting at 6 p.m.
• New Hope Holy Church of Christ will host a Gospel Singing at 5 p.m. featuring guest singers Three In One.
• Townley First Baptist Church will host a 5th Sunday singing at 6 p.m. with Kevin and Cherie Daniels.
• New Hope Baptist Church on Fall City Road will host a singing at 5 p.m. featuring Gary Kimbrell.
• Hickory Grove Church of the Nazarene on County Road 8 in Double Springs will host a gospel singing with "Sounds of Praise" at 1 p.m.
MONDAY, SEPT. 30
• St. Mary's Episcopal Church will begin a Theology on Tap series at 5:30 p.m. at Tallulah's Brewing Co. at 1804 4th Avenue South for a time of fellowship and lively discussion of the book Accidental Saints by The Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber. All are welcome to join us!
TUESDAY, OCT. 1
• The Coffee Club at West Jefferson Baptist Church (4901 Freewill Rd., Quinton, AL) will meet at 10:30 a.m. Special guest will be Wayne Abbott, a Willie Nelson impersonator. There will be covered dish luncheon following the program. Everyone invited to attend.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2
• Oct. 2 is the Annual Blessing of the Animals at St. Mary's Episcopal Church. Gathering will begin at 5 p.m. and the blessings will begin at 5:30 p.m. There will be treats for humans and pets. All of the community is invited to join us as we celebrate the dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and other pets who God has gifted to our families!
SATURDAY, OCT. 5
• Winston County Gospel Music Theatre will host a singing starting at 6 p.m. featuring the group Awakened. Free admission.
• Townley First Baptist Church presents a Community Youth Night at 6:00 p.m. Guest Speaker will be Dustin Murray, Pastor of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. There will be free pizza, worship songs, and a youth drama. No charge. Everyone Welcome!
• Parrish Nazarene Ladies Ministry will host their annual Yard Sale.
SUNDAY, OCT. 6
• New Canaan Baptist Church will be be having their Homecoming Celebration at 10:30 a.m. There will be a guest speaker, singing, and a fellowship meal to follow. All former members of New Canaan Baptist are invited to attend & have a time of worship & fellowship.
• New Bethany will celebrate Pastor Appreciation Day starting at 10 a.m. There will be special guest singers and speakers. Lunch will be provided after the service. Everyone welcome!
• New Hope Holy Church of Christ will host their Homecoming Singing at 10 a.m. with guest singers Holy Destiny. Everyone welcome!
• Peace Baptist Senior Choir of Parrish will celebrate Annual Choir Day at 3 p.m.
• Maranatha Baptist Church will be observing its annual Homecoming with Sunday school beginning at 9:45 a.m. Barbara Cleveland will be teaching the children's class and Jeff Donaldson will be teaching the adults. Barbara Cleveland, pastor of Boldo UMC, will be the guest speaker starting at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served after. Afternoon Singing will start at 2 p.m. featuring Charles Black and Friends and others. There will be no night service. For more information, call 205-471-0579.
• Townley Church of God on Hwy 102 will celebrate their Homecoming with guest speaker Phillip Hardin at 10:30 a.m., lunch at noon, and a concert at 1:30 p.m. featuring Alliance Quartet. Everyone invited!
• Prospect Independent Church will have an Old Fashioned Church Service at 10:15 a.m. Everyone is encouraged to come dressed from the past. Lunch will be served after services.
• New Zion Baptist Church on Carbon Hill Nauvoo Road will celebrate their Centennial Homecoming with preaching by Scott Stewart at 10 a.m., special singing by JJ Hadder and Awakened at 11 a.m., and lunch at noon. Everyone is welcome.
SUNDAY, OCT. 20
• Union Chapel United Methodist Church will celebrate their 160 year Homecoming at 11 a.m. with preaching, singing, and then lunch. All attendees, members, former members, and past preachers invited.
FRIDAY, OCT. 25
• The Encounter Men's Conference will be held at 7 p.m. at Dora Church of God. Guest speaker will be Pastor Greg Strickland (Northport COG) and worship will be led by the Northport COG Praise Team. Dinner will be provided following service. Donations accepted. Please RSVP to plan seating and food accordingly by calling 205-381-1374.
SATURDAY, NOV. 2
• Prospect Independent Church in Nauvoo will host the fourth annual holiday bazaar from 8:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Lots of arts, crafts, jewelry, clothing and food. For more information contact Robin Odom at 205-471-2128.