Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to email@example.com or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
• Matthew Ministry Outreach/Soup kitchen is held every Friday at 11 a.m. at LifeSprings Assembly of God on Highway 195.
• Mt. Carmel Baptist Church on Horse Creek Blvd. in Cordova holds a Soup Kitchen every Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Boldo United Methodist Church holds a clothes closet the second Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Townley First Baptist Church will host their 2019 Fall Revival on Sept. 24th, at 7 p.m. with special music by Matt Wilson. There will also be a 5th Sunday singing on Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. with Kevin and Cherie Daniels.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 21
• Berry Civic Center will be hosting a Southern Gospel Concert at 6 p.m. featuring The Jeff Long Bluegrass Band and The Busby Family. Admission is free, a love offering will be received. Come enjoy an evening of good Southern Gospel Singing every third Saturday at the Berry Civic Center.
• Parrish First Baptist Church will be hosting a singing featuring the Mark Trammell Quartet starting at 6 p.m.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 22
• New Bethel Baptist Church in Oakman will be celebrating their Pastor, Rev. Jerry Wallace, and First Lady, Sis. Betty Wallace's 45th Pastoral Anniversary at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Antonio Jackson from New Life Christian Church in Jasper. Everyone welcome!
• New Bethany Full Gospel Church of God will host a singing at 5 p.m. featuring guest singers, The Busby Family.
• The Rising Star Baptist Church in Dora will celebrate Women's Day 2019 at 3 p.m. Special guest will be Joyce Elaine Woods of Shiloh Baptist Church of Birmingham. Dinner will be served immediately after morning worship.
• Curry Church of Christ will host a Smith Lake Revival on Sunday at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., serve lunch, and 2 p.m., and then Monday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. Transportation provided if needed, call 205-387-7338.
MONDAY, SEPT. 23
• Living Light Ladies Area Conference will be held at 7 p.m. with special guest speaker Ms. Shirlee from "A Madea Family Funeral".
• Philadelphia Deliverance Tabernacle will host a revival at 7 p.m. nightly featuring Rev. Tommy Bates. For more information, please call 205-522-2762.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 29
• “The Revelations” singing group will be performing at New Canaan Baptist Church at 2300 N Walston Bridge Rd. in Jasper starting at 6 p.m.
• New Hope Holy Church of Christ will host a Gospel Singing at 5 p.m. featuring guest singers Three In One.
SATURDAY, OCT. 5
• Winston County Gospel Music Theatre will host a singing starting at 6 p.m. featuring the group Awakened. Free admission.
• Townley First Baptist Church presents a Community Youth Night at 6:00 p.m. Guest Speaker will be Dustin Murray, Pastor of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. There will be free pizza, worship songs, and a youth drama. No charge. Everyone Welcome!
SUNDAY, OCT. 6
• New Canaan Baptist Church will be be having their Homecoming Celebration at 10:30 a.m. There will be a guest speaker, singing, and a fellowship meal to follow. All former members of New Canaan Baptist are invited to attend & have a time of worship & fellowship.
• New Bethany will celebrate Pastor Appreciation Day starting at 10 a.m. There will be special guest singers and speakers. Lunch will be provided after the service. Everyone welcome!
• New Hope Holy Church of Christ will host their Homecoming Singing at 10 a.m. with guest singers Holy Destiny. Everyone welcome!
• Peace Baptist Senior Choir will celebrate Annual Choir Day at 3 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCT. 25
• The Encounter Men's Conference will be held at 7 p.m. at Dora Church of God. Guest speaker will be Pastor Greg Strickland (Northport COG) and worship will be led by the Northport COG Praise Team. Dinner will be provided following service. Donations accepted. Please RSVP to plan seating and food accordingly by calling 205-381-1374.
SATURDAY, NOV. 2
• Prospect Independent Church in Nauvoo will host the fourth annual holiday bazaar from 8:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Lots of arts, crafts, jewelry, clothing and food. For more information contact Robin Odom at 205-471-2128.