Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to email@example.com or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
• Matthew Ministry Outreach/Soup kitchen is held every Friday at 11 a.m. at LifeSprings Assembly of God on Highway 195.
• Boldo United Methodist Church holds a clothes closet the second Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Townley First Baptist Church will host their 2019 Fall Revival on Sept. 10th, 17th, and 24th, at 7 p.m. with special music each night. There will also be a 5th Sunday singing on Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. with Kevin and Cherie Daniels.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 1
• Greater Shiloh Baptist Church will host their Women's Day at 3:30 p.m.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 7
• Winston County Gospel Music Theatre will host their monthly singing at 6 p.m. Guest singers will be Joyful Hearts from Cullman.
• Brother Mickey Crane has been in the hospital for over 15 weeks. He pastored New Oak Grove Free Will Baptist church in Nauvoo for over 39 years, and they are returning the love with a benefit singing starting at 7 p.m. featuring the gospel group Awakened.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 8
• Carbon Hill Church of God of Prophecy will celebrate their Homecoming with guest speaker and State Overseer, Bishop Brian Sutton and special guest singers, New Ground. Lunch will be served after service.
• River of Living Water United Methodist Church will celebrate European-American Culture in morning worship at 11 a.m. Rev. Ron Shultz will be the guest speaker. Come join in on this special service with a fellowship lunch to follow.
• Northside Church of the Nazarene, formerly Snoddy Chapel Church located at Hwy 5 and Snoddy Chapel Road, will celebrate their Homecoming of 103 years with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and a short church service at 11 a.m. with special singers Inherited Trio (some members formerly from Living Faith Quartet). Lunch will be served. No singing in the afternoon. Everyone is welcome.
• Truth and Life Ministry, at 1500 Main Street, Sumiton, will celebrate their Church Anniversary at 3 p.m. with guest speaker, Dennis Brock, of Mt. Zion Community Church of Birmingham.
• Bethel Number One Baptist Church at 2750 County Rd 12 in Arley will host a revival on Sunday at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Monday-Wednesday at 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Michael Mason and the guest singers will be the Lindley Sisters and Sherry York. Everyone welcome!
SUNDAY, SEPT. 22
• New Bethel Baptist Church in Oakman will be celebrating their Pastor, Rev. Jerry Wallace, and First Lady, Sis. Betty Wallace's 45th Pastoral Anniversary at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Antonio Jackson from New Life Christian Church in Jasper. Everyone welcome!
MONDAY, SEPT. 23
• Living Light Ladies Area Conference will be held at 7 p.m. with special guest speaker Ms. Shirlee from "A Madea Family Funeral".
FRIDAY, OCT. 25
• The Encounter Men's Conference will be held at 7 p.m. at Dora Church of God. Guest speaker will be Pastor Greg Strickland (Northport COG) and worship will be led by the Northport COG Praise Team. Dinner will be provided following service. Donations accepted. Please RSVP to plan seating and food accordingly by calling 205-381-1374.