Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
• Matthew Ministry Outreach/Soup kitchen is held every Friday at 11 a.m. at LifeSprings Assembly of God on Highway 195.
• Greater Shiloh Baptist Church's bible study topic for May is "Transforming the Church Sunday School for Growth". Every Wednesday at 6 p.m.
• Prospect Independent Church in Nauvoo will host a ladies event and luncheon "Once Upon an Apron" at 10 a.m.
• The annual Corona Reunion will be held in the Corona Baptist Church Fellowship Hall at 10:30 a.m. Please bring a covered dish, dessert, old pictures, anything you have that are memories of your life or family members from Corona.
• Kelly Mill Church will celebrate their Homecoming starting at 10:30 a.m. Sounds of Praise will be performing.
• Eldridge Church of Christ will have a Gospel Meeting at 7 p.m. each night. "Victory in Jesus" with guest speaker Billy Bland.
• Long Memorial United Methodist Church will have a Swamp Johns Food Truck from 4-7 p.m.
• "Appointed" will be performing at Lavish Coffee Shop on May 17 at 6 p.m.
• Phillip's Chapel Church on Empire Rd will host a Singing at 6 p.m. with the Abundant Life Trio. Everyone welcome!
• The Program for the Graduates will be held on May 19 at 3 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Jasper where Minister A. Harper is pastoring. All seniors are asked to report to the church's fellowship hall with their cap and gown at 2:30 p.m. All churches, clubs, other organizations, etc. are asked to please present a scholarship/donation to the graduating senior(s) from your church or organization.
• Goodsprings Church of Christ's Gospel meeting with Guest Speaker Mel Futrell- Sunday services: Bible study at 10 a.m., Worship at 11 a.m., Lunch at noon, Worship at 2 p.m.; Monday-Tuesday: 7 p.m.
• Pocahontas Baptist Church Cemetery will host a cleanup day at the cemetery. Bring tools to help clean with.
• Hunters Chapel Holy Church of Christ will hold its homecoming with decoration in the adjoining cemetery. Please remove old flowers by May 13th in preparation for decoration. Donations for the maintenance of the cemetery are greatly appreciated. Make checks payable to Hunter’s Chapel Cemetery Fund. Donations may be dropped off at the cemetery or mailed to P.O. Box 578 Jasper, AL 35502.
• Calvary Baptist and Dora 2nd Baptist are joining together to host VBS from 6 until 8 p.m. for ages 3 and up.
• First Baptist Church of Frisco will celebrate Men's Day at 3 p.m. with guest minister Rev. Jerry Seay, of Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church.
• VBS at Central Baptist Church in Jasper. Ages 4+. Nightly from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Bible study, games, crafts, snacks. Increasing our "Farm Fresh Faith".