Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
• Matthew Ministry Outreach/Soup kitchen is held every Friday at 11 a.m. at LifeSprings Assembly of God on Highway 195.
• Boldo United Methodist Church holds a clothes closet the second Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
• Greater Shiloh Baptist Church's bible study topic for July is "Organizing the Missions Department for Ministry and Missions". Every Wednesday at 6 p.m.
SUNDAY, JULY 14
• Jasper’s First Baptist Church will host The Inspirations in concert at 6:00 pm. Free admission. There will be a Love Offering received.
• Pleasant Hill Free Will Baptist Church on Pineywoods Sipsey Rd will celebrate their homecoming starting at 10 a.m. Guest singers will be Unity Four.
• VBS at Corinth Baptist Church (2145 Gardners Gin Road, Cordova) “Treasure Hunt” from 6-8:30 p.m. Supper provided nightly. Family night will be Friday, July 19.
• Grace Missionary Baptist Church will host their VBS "Farm Fresh Faith" nightly from 6-8:30 p.m. Everyone welcome. Pre-K through 6th Grade.
• Crossway Baptist Church will host their VBS "In the Wild" from 6-8 p.m. with supper provided nightly at 5:30 p.m. Call for bus pickup, 522-9965.
• The conference "Coming Together for This Great Cause: The Cause of Christ" will be held at Jasper Civic Center at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and at 11 a.m. on Saturday. There will be various church leaders around the Walker County area that will be guest speakers at the conference.
• Lamon Chapel UMC in the Thach community will host a revival nightly. Covered dish supper at 6 p.m. with services at 7 p.m. Guest pastors will be the District Superintendent of the UMC, Patrick Cooley and Paul Campbell. For more info, call Bro. Greg Meggs at 205-260-0690.
• Mount Zion Baptist Church (off of Fall City Road) will kick off on Sunday with a Community Fish Fry at 6 p.m., and VBS starts July 22-26 from 5:30-8 p.m. nightly.
• Living Light Church of God will host their 2019 Animal Safari Adventure Kids Crusade nightly from 6-8 p.m. Each night there will be crafts, food, door prizes, and the last night there will be games and prizes. Ages 3-12.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
• Berry Civic Center will be hosting a Southern Gospel Concert at 6:00 p.m. This month's featured singers will be "The Connell Family" from Jacksonville, Ala., and "The Busby Family" from Berry, Ala. Admission is free - a Love Offering will be received. Please come and enjoy an evening of good Southern Gospel singing every 3rd Saturday at the Berry Civic Center.
• Dora Church of God (838 Sharon Blvd, Dora) will be hosting a Men's Fellowship Breakfast at 8:00 am. We would like to extend an invitation to all men to come and join us. There is a kingdom connection between men, and we want you to be a part. "How good and how pleasant it it for brethren to dwell together in unity." Psalms 133:1
• VBS at Curry Church of Christ nightly at 7 p.m. "Gone Fishing". Classes for all ages! Transportation available upon request. 205-387-7338
SUNDAY, AUGUST 18
• Homecoming at Townley First Baptist Church (228 Alabama Ave, Townley) at 10:30 a.m. The Page Trio will be singing and Jerry Edgil will preach in morning service. Fellowship Lunch will follow, and The Page Trio will sing again starting at 1:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 25
• Samaria Baptist Church at 70 East Lake Road, just off the Industrial Parkway in Jasper, will have Jasper head football coach Bryan Moore speak at the 11 a.m. worship service prior to having a 4th Sunday Free Luncheon at noon.