Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space …
Local church events are featured each Wednesday and Saturday in the Daily Mountain Eagle, and daily on the calendar at www.mountaineagle.com. Events are listed by calendar date and time as space allows. There is no guarantee when or the number of days an event will run. The deadline to place an event is no later than noon Tuesday and Friday. Email event information to email@example.com or call 205-221-2840, ext. 246.
TODAY, SEPT. 8
• Boldo Methodist Church on Alabama Highway 69 North (across from the Dollar General) in Jasper will host a Free Clothes Closet Give-a-way the second Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. until noon at the church, for people who need clothes or shoes.
• Aldersgate United Methodist Church on U.S. Highway 78 in Dora will host the “Joy In Jesus” program for those with special needs, and their parents, on the second Saturday of each month from 4–6 p.m. at the church. RSVP is requested. For more information, call Carla at 205-522-1993, Anna-Kate at 205-471-9900, or Aldersgate United Methodist at 205-648-2470.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 9
• Rivers of Living Waters United Methodist Church on Jones Dairy Road in Jasper will be celebrating its European-American Culture Sunday, Sept. 9, at the 11 a.m. service. The guest speaker will be Leigh Ann Min, chaplin at Walker Baptist Medical Center. A fellowship meal featuring European-American food will be held following the service.
• Starview Baptist Church will have its Homecoming service on Sunday, Sept. 9, beginning with Sunday School at 9:45 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m. with guest speaker, Scott McCullar of Carbon Hill First Baptist Church, and lunch at noon, followed by singing in the afternoon.
• St. Mary's Episcopal Church at 801 The Trace W in Jasper will host a Rally Day on Sunday, Sept. 9, with a special service at 10 a.m. for adults and children, followed by an old fashioned picnic on the grounds at 11 a.m. There will be a bouncy castle, a slide, games, music and a pot-luck lunch.
• Truth and Life Ministries, located at 1500 Main St. in Sumiton, will celebrate its 14th Church Anniversary on Sunday, Sept. 9, at 3 p.m. Guest minister will be Pastor Dennis Brock from the Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Birmingham.
• First Baptist Church at 2701 Corona Ave. in Jasper will host its Church In The Streets on Sunday, Sept. 9, at 4 p.m. Their guest church family will be Rev. Antonio Jackson of New Life Christian Church in Jasper.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 11
• Living Light Church of God at 3420 N. Airport Rd. in Jasper will host a Generation Gold Bible Study for person 50 plus the second Tuesday of each month at 10 a.m. at the church.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 14
• Central Baptist Church, located at 900 Airport Road South in Jasper, will host the 'Old Time Preacher's Quartet' for a night of singing and preaching on Friday, Sept. 14, at 7 p.m. For more information, call 205-522-4510.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 15
• New Prospect Baptist Church on Alabama Highway 5 North in Jasper will have its food closet open the third Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at the church.
• River of Living Water United Methodist Church will have its “Feed My Sheep” Food Bank the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10-11:30 a.m. at its Durr’s Chapel campus.
• Berry Civic Center in Berry hosts a Southern gospel singing the third Saturday of each month at 6 p.m. Admission is free. A love offering will be received. Guest singers for the month of September will be Southern Image from Plantersville, Miss., and the Busby Family from Berry.
• Elm Grove Church of God at 13412 Co. Rd. 63 N. (Fish Hatchery Road) Carbon Hill will have its Homecoming Service Sunday, Sept. 16, at 10 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. James Mack Nichols.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 16
Women of the First Baptist Church of Frisco invite you to attend their annual Women's Day Program on Sunday, Sept. 16, at 3 p.m. at the church located at 2701 Corona Ave. in Jasper. Guest speaker will be Sister Donna Harper of Maggie Street Baptist Church in Montgomery.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 18
St. Mary's Episcopal Church at 801 The Trace W. in Jasper will present Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University beginning Tuesday, Sept. 18. If you are interested in learning more about the group, call the church office at 205-387-7746 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 23
• Friendship Baptist Church on Hwy. 195 N. in the Thach community in Jasper will have its Centennial Celebration on Sunday, Sept. 23, at 10 a.m., with special guest speakers, a covered dish lunch at noon and singing at 1 p.m. Guest singers will be 3 in 1 from Cullman. Pastor Donnie Elliott invites everyone to this joyful fellowship in the Lord.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26
• Living Light Church of God at 3420 N. Airport Rd. in Jasper will host its monthly “Night of Passion” service the last Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the church.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 30
• New Beginnings Church of God at 795 New Parrish Highway in Parrish will host its Homecoming service on Sunday, Sept. 30, beginning at 10 a.m., with featured guest speaker, Bro. and Sis. Brian Manasco and guest singers, Grace Multiplied. Hosted by Bro. and Sis. Shedd.
SUNDAY, OCT. 21
• Arley United Methodist Church at 5670 Alabama Highway 41 in Arley will host its 100 Year Anniversary Celebration on Sunday, Oct. 21, from 10 – 11:30 a.m., with a Historical Celebration of worship, remembrance and fellowship in the church sanctuary, followed by a Lunch Celebration of BBQ, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, and ice cream from 11:45 – 1 p.m. in the church's fellowship hall and a Community Celebration of Christian music and storytelling under the Big Top from 1 – 2 p.m. Everyone welcome for all or any part of the Celebration.