Adair: Bond for Kiser set low
by Rachel Davis
Aug 24, 2013 | 2818 views | 0 0 comments | 48 48 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Wanda Faye Kiser
Wanda Faye Kiser
Wanda Faye Kiser, 61, is currently in the Central Regional Jail in Sutton, W.V.

Walker County District Attorney Bill Adair said a West Virginia judge set the bond for Kiser at $25,000 cash for each of the two counts of concealing human remains.

The remains are believed to be Mary Cobb and her daughter Wynona Delvecchio, who were 104- and 83-years-old, respectively, when they went missing in 2002.

An expert from the Smithsonian is currently attempting to identify the remains, which were found in a storage unit in West Virginia more than a week ago.

Adair expressed some disappointment for the low bond, given the seriousness and strangeness of this case.

“I just believe that if this was seen in front of a Walker County judge, that bond would be a little higher,” Adair said.

He was also concerned about Kiser’s possible release on bond, considering West Virginia authorities have said Kiser attempted suicide just prior to her arrest.

Adair added that he was eager to get Kiser extradited to Alabama so she could face the 17-count indictment he filed in July for forgery related to Cobb’s retirement money.

If convicted, each second-degree forgery charge is a Class C Felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison for each count.

Adair said the extradition paperwork has been filed by Alabama Governor Robert Bentley and is waiting for approval from the West Virginia governor’s office.

Adair expressed appreciation for Bentley and his legal staff, as well as the West Virginia State Police and prosecutor who he said had done everything possible to assist with this case.

Adair said they hope to hear something regarding the extradition next week, after the West Virginia governor’s office completes their review of the case and paperwork.

A bond of $500,000 was previously set on the forgery charges by Walker County Circuit Judge Jerry Selman, but a West Virginia judge lowered that amount to $150,000 cash or property after the original arrest.

Kiser had been out of jail prior to the discovery of the remains.